Tuesday, December 09, 2008

December 8, 2008

We are snowed in today! So we sat down to work out kitchen details. Did I mention that our original plans are still with the kitchen guy who didn't do the work?

From left to right across the kitchen wall with the big window we will have:

1. Some as yet unidentified piece of cabinetry. Maybe something unfitted or like a narrow hutch, or both.

2. Fridge. This is already in place. It's black because Donnie wanted black. I don't mind it. It's an all-fridge because I wanted that. They warned us it would be noisy but wow, it's noisy.

3. Straight run of cabinets with stack of drawers about 30" wide, sink cabinet with two doors underneath, dishwasher, undercounter oven and last, cabinet with drawer on top and open space for stoneware underneath. I like the one Pioneer Woman is building. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwoman/3026789035/

You really should read her blog www.thepioneerwoman.com

The countertop will be random length 2X6 counter top. Donnie will place and glue them and I will plane, sand or whatever I decide to them to get them ready.

Once the cabinet front is ready I will be hand painting them - black. Sort of a warm, antique black if you can picture that. Originally the island was going to be a deep distressed red but I'm leaning more towards a dark stain now. We'll decide later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home